This year in Jenna's class her teacher, Mrs. Struebing, let the kids pick a famous historical character to research and portray as a wax statue that when you pushed a button on each character, it would give you interesting facts about the character. Jenna picked Pocahontas. My mom made Jenna's costume and she looked so cute. We wrote all of the research we did on her down in small, easy to remember lines that Jenna could recite when her button was pushed. This is what "Pocahontas" had to say:
"Hi, my name is Pocahontas, the daughter of a powerful chief. As a child I gave food to the starving colonists. I saved my friend, John Smith's life by cradling his head before he could be clubbed to death. I was born in Virginia in 1595 and died in 1617. I married John Rolf and had a baby boy named Thomas. I went to England where I was introduced as a Princess to the King and Queen. I had no formal education, but everything I knew, I learned from my mother and other women in my tribe."
She looked so cute and did such a great job. She was chosen as one of the students to give her oral presentation to the first grade classes. I was so proud of her!! What a great way for kids to learn about history and how to do research. Jenna really enjoyed this project and so did all of the kids in her class. They were all so excited to give their presentations.




Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Jenna's 2nd grade Living Wax Museum
Posted by Susannah and Joe at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She is so dang cute!! i'm going to come over and see you guys tonight!! :D can't wait!!
Jenna is so smart! What a sweetie, IT looks like you guys have a lot of WONDERFUL things happening to you! Congrats to Joe for going through the temple! I am so excited for you!! Please call me if you ever come up to Cache Valley, or want to meet somewhere in between. We'd love to see the kids! 208-851-8148 I really miss you guys!
She looks adorable in her costume and I'm sure she did a great job! LOVE YOU JENNA!!!!
Post a Comment