Today Jenna and Ryan learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels. (I know, I know, you are all thinking that Jenna is a little old to still need training wheels, but to those of you that know Jenna at all, it makes perfect sense).
We pumped up all the kids tires and as soon as we were finished with Ryan's, he jumped on his bike and took off. No help or teaching necessary. He was a natural! He was so excited. What fun!!
Jenna, on the other hand, was not quite so easy to teach. She was scared and so frustrated and that just made it worse. After an hour of instruction I finally said enough and told her we were going to put the training wheels back on because we all wanted to go for a ride. This made her angry and she finally got it! (Who said a little reverse psychology hurts any one).
We went for a long bike ride with all of the kids. It was a beautiful day. Joseph and Jacob were so cute giving Jenna and Ryan tips on the proper way to ride and how to do jumps and wheelies. Ryan is doing it all (jumps, wheelies, crashes, you name it). Jenna is just learning to ride in a straight line--we are so proud!!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
LIfe without Training Wheels
Posted by Susannah and Joe at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am so jealous of your weather!! I bet Jenna is so proud of herself now that she's riding w/o the training wheels, I think I was about her age when I finally got rid of mine. I'm happy for her.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, I wish we could've enjoyed that amazing meal you had, it sounds better than the usual Christmas dinner.
Post a Comment