We decided we needed a dog--albeit a calm, non-crazy dog (lets all take a moment to reflect on Clover).
Joe and I went to the county shelter about 3 weeks ago and got Tessie. She is a German Shepard/Jindo mix. She is more cat than dog, but we love her. She is really shy unless she wants her belly rubbed. The kids have been really good with her....i.e. not getting her so excited she bits, pees or any other thing dogs do when they get worked up.
I did win the battle of inside vs. outside dog. It did take about two weeks, but after no sleep due to puppy whining and both Joseph and Ryan sneezing, Joe finally said we could try it. We set up the side of the house (it didn't take much because it was already set up for a dog--we just had to clean it up a bit)and put her outside in her cage for the night. She didn't make a peep!! She loves it outside.
We are so happy she could join our family and we feel great that we were able to adopt her and give her a good home.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Tessie
Posted by Susannah and Joe at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am all about outside animals. I feel bad for them in the winter but we try to keep them as warm as possible. She is way cute!
Post a Comment